My Favorite Trends...
1. Longer shorts: Mid thigh walking shorts that are cut slimmer than their traditional counterparts can be found in a number of collections.
2. White: The classic color is holding strong yet another season.
3. Geometric prints: From digital to tribal, linear prints and detailing are everywhere.
4. Sheath dresses and pencil skirts: Often right above the knee and super slim.
5. Asymmetry: Found in many blouses, blazers and skirts.
6. Florals: Prints to silhouettes, flora has inspired a number of the Spring 2012 collections.
7. Circle skirts: In varying lengths and fabrics.
8. Mono-print ensembles
9. The suit: With interesting lapels and modern detailing, suits are in every hue, length and material for the spring.
10. Wide sleeves in stiff fabrics
11. Sheer pants
12. Thigh slits: In long flowing skirts
13. Symmetrical prints and adornments
14. Shift dresses: Falling right above the knee or higher
15. Tulip shaped skirts, pants and shorts
Other trends to consider...*Deep pant cuffs or trim in a contrasting color*
*The colors coral, lemon, lime, violet, soft grays, cantaloupe and mint*
*Plunging neck lines*
My Favorite Collections...
Cushnie et Ochs...(pronounced kush-nee et oaks) Décolletage, geometric detailing, full skirts and structure meeting delicate folds. Powerful and feminine.
Zac Posen...My absolute favorite thus far. 1940s style super slim suits, fish tails everywhere, sculpted bodices, exaggerated hips and amazing varying sleeves. So glamorous!